[Anticipation-Hugo-ceremony] Draft timeline (mostly) for Sunday

Lance Sibley lance_sibley at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 1 13:41:46 PDT 2009

--- On Thu, 7/30/09, Ian Stockdale <iestockdale at gmail.com> wrote:
> > One thing that you don't have, which may be a conflict, is that the
> > Boreal Awards run from 1600-1800 Sunday afternoon. I don't know if any
> > of the people involved there are also involved in the Hugos. The only
> > person I can think of who might be is Elisabeth Vonarburg - is she
> > slated to present a Hugo?
>
> Elisabeth is presenting Best Novel and Novella.  The Boreal Awards
> aren't a problem for the rehearsal, as she can come by between 1400h
> and 1600h.  However, they run right up against the Hugo Reception,
> which starts at 1800h.

Hm. That could be an issue unless she's planning to dress formally for the Boreals as well... I'll let Jean-Louis and Christian know that there might be a bit of a tight schedule there.

> Is Claude Lalumiere involved with the Boreal Awards also?

Involved, no... but he's likely to be attending. I'll pass that along as well.

Lance

"Nature abhors a vacuum, which explains why drama appears where communication is lacking."
-- Alan Lutton