[Anticipation-Hugo-ceremony] Travelling to Montreal

Ian Stockdale ies at acm.org
Sat Aug 1 16:18:23 PDT 2009

All,

   Here, in barely organized form, are all of the responses so far.
If you haven't replied, please take the time to do so, as it will help
us communicate with each other once in Montreal.

  Thanks!

          -Ian

 Ian Stockdale & Ruth Leibig:   arriving Montreal 5pm Tuesday,
           staying at the Delta, phone number 650-468-9098
           will be checking email occasionally

Laurie and I arrive mid-afternoon Tuesday.  We're staying at Hotel 262
St, Jacques.
       My cell phone is 412-559-1830, but please use it in emergencies only
       as I'll be paying obnoxious roaming charges.
       I hope to have email access at least several times per day.

  z!:  will be arriving Wednesday (timie tbd)  with Alex (and leaving
Tuesday, I think)
      Cell phone is +1 408 910 5309, which will also have roaming charges,
      but hopefully not too excessive....
      Highly likely that I'll also be carrying a tech dept radio.

 Rick Kovalcik will be arriving Sunday night (8/2) and staying at the Embassy
 Suites until Tuesday (8/11).
 My cell (1-508-259-6819) should work and the roaming charges are about
 the same as the pay-as -you-go phone I found are.   If I find a better phone I
 can always call people back if they call me.

 Julie Czerneda:  Roger and I will arrive mid afternoon on Tuesday.
We're staying
 at the Intercontinental. I'll send numbers etc separately, but I'm assuming
 the hotel will have full internet in the rooms and I'll check email as I can.
 Ruth Stuart will know where I am. ::grins:: If not Ruth, then Roger.

 John Maizels:  We're arriving on Tuesday afternoon (after arriving in the US
 Sunday evening).   Cell phone is 714-422-7430 (works in US but not
 Canada).  Will still be checking email at frequent intervals.  Staying at
 the Delta.

 Randy Smith:  My current plans are:  Arrive on Wednesday, August 5;
    Depart on Tuesday, August 11.
    Staying at:  Holiday Inn Select Montreal Centre-Ville.
    Telephone:  (510)909-1004, provided we get it set up so that it
works in Canada.
     I will have my laptop with me so I will be able to get e-mail.