[Anticipation-Hugo-ceremony] Fw: Re: Fw: Re: Draft timeline (mostly) for Sunday

Lance Sibley lance_sibley at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 2 21:15:40 PDT 2009

Hi there,

Response from Jean-Louis Trudel, regarding Elisabeth Vonarburg and Claude Lalumiere, and the Boreal Award ceremony:

--- On Sat, 8/1/09, Jean-Louis Trudel <d364034 at er.uqam.ca> wrote:
> She's a member of the Boréal board, and the board will be part of a quick
> meeting after the awards are handed out.  She will also be bringing the
> actual Boréal plaques, though she may be able to leave them with one of
> us (Christian?) before Sunday.
>
> But her presence is not absolutely required, even for the meeting,
> so she'll be able to leave early if she needs to. However, I believe
> that she would like to attend at least part of the ceremony for
> sentimental reasons.

Since the ceremony ends at 6, when the Hugo reception is starting, she may be a few minutes late arriving if she chooses to stay to the end of the ceremony. But I'm sure she's aware of her schedule, and how long it will take to get from one venue to the other (I did ask Jean-Louis about that - I seem to remember it being mentioned that it was about 10-15 minutes to get from one to the other).

> > I've also been asked if Claude Lalumiere is involved at the Boreals
>
> No known involvement with the Boréals.

Lance

"Nature abhors a vacuum, which explains why drama appears where communication is lacking."
-- Alan Lutton