[Anticipation-Hugo-ceremony] Radios for Hugo Ceremony

Ian Stockdale ies at acm.org
Sun Jul 19 17:06:08 PDT 2009

Hi Randy,

On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 12:02 AM, <rsmith2678 at aol.com> wrote:
> Ian wrote:
>
> I've copied John Maizels (tech) and Randy Smith (SM) in to
> sanity-check what I'm about to tell you.  Our SM and ASMs will be on
> headset to communicate with the tech people, so we don't expect to
> need radios for that communication.  Jim and I will probably not be on
> headset, so we'll need 1 or 2, and then 1 with Randy (SM) so that we
> can contact our crew.  So, I don't think that we'll need more than
> three.  Randy and John, does that seem right to you?
>
> Yes.  One of my main concerns at the both sides of the backstage need to be
> able to communicate with each other, and with the folks in the tech booth.

I think that this will be ok with the tech-provided gear, and and that
the radios will allow a few people not on headset (me, Jim) to
communicate with you and John.  Now that the details are settled, I'm
redirecting this onto the Hugo Ceremony list so that everyone knows
how this is going to work.

  Ciao,

        -Ian