[Siteselection] Site Selection Neutrality

Glenn Glazer glenn.glazer at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 19:03:25 PDT 2008

Hi, Bobbie, Patty.

Recently it has come to my attention that my name is on the Seattle
website as "Japanese Translator" because of some text I translated for a
Seattle ribbon.  This is, by the way, something I also did for Denver: a
quick translation of text saying "Let's go to XX in YY." or "Please
Support XX in YY".  I still have the one sentence translation I did for
both Denver and Seattle and I can send them to whoever wishes to examine
them.  In the interests of full neutrality, I must ask the Seattle
committee to please remove me from their website as I am no longer
associated with their bid committee in any way.

In the interests of fully transparent disclosure, please also see the
email I wrote last January wherein I resigned from all participation in
the Seattle bid due to my appointment to Anticipation and immediately
upon my receiving confirmation of that appointment.  It is my hope that
you can see from this that, like Rene, I have a strong desire is to
avoid any conflict of interest and remain neutral. Strong enough to make
me resign even when this was still a one horse race.

Sincerely yours,

Glenn