[Siteselection] Secure storage room

René Walling cybernetic.nomad at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 20:50:18 PDT 2009

Hi!

I am writing to all of you because you all have needs for secure storage

Thursday and Friday (nights only): Storage of Site Selection ballot
boxes, storage of unassembled Hugo trophies (still in their boxes)

Saturday and Sunday: Assembly and storage of Hugo trophies

The room is on the 6th floor and is quite close to where the Hugo
Ceremony will take place, so bringing the trophies to the ceremony
should prove easy enough (someone will have to get some cheap cloth
to cover them just in case)

Unfortunately, it is a bit far from the Exihibit Hall whichi is on
the 2nd floor, but I figure it is closer than someone's hotel room.

If you all agree to it, this is how I see things working:

Thursday and Friday, one key will be in the hands of Glenn Glazer and
Peter Jarvis (Site Selection) so they can store the ballot boxes.

Saturday morning: Glenn and Peter hand their keys over to Diane Lacey
and Jeff Orth (Hugo Awards) who can then assemble the Hugos trophies
either Saturday or late on Sunday -- hey, why do things ahead of time
;)

The plan hinges on two things: 1) Both Glenn and Peter are available
at the site selection table and 2) both Diane and Jeff can drop by to
pick their keys up.

What do you all say?

If everyone is OK with this, I will put in a request for the room
with Facilities.

Thanks!

Rene