[Siteselection] Error on NASFIC ballot

Mike Kennedy mikek999 at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 12 05:47:11 PDT 2009

On Mar 11, 2009, at 11:32 PM, Glenn Glazer wrote:

> Hi, Mike.
>
> Elaine's citation of the Constitution is correct,

Um, not to be *too* pedantic, but that was my citation, not hers.

> I will send you revised ballots shortly.

No need to send them directly to me; I'll download the corrected
ballot from the website once it's posted.  There's plenty of time,
after all.

> I expect that no one on the review committee for the ballots (which
> included a large number of former Site Selection directors and
> staff) caught this because of the expected (though not actual)
> parallelism with the Worldcon rules and because the likelihood of
> this section actually being exercised is (in my opinion) negligible.

Yes, it's a common misunderstanding.  Probably more common that the
correct understanding.

> Incidentally, a misquote of the rules on the ballots does not
> disqualify the ballots in any way.

So I would assume, but getting it right is, of course, still a good
thing.

Mike Kennedy