[Siteselection] Online voting

René Walling cybernetic.nomad at gmail.com
Thu May 21 20:56:46 PDT 2009

Hi,

One quick thing:

With online registration being pretty much an automated thing, it is
conceivable for someone to register online, then vote then try and
get a refund.

We need to do two things to prevent this, one is easy and the other
one a bit of a pain.

1) We need to add a sentence stating that memberships are
non-0refundable, but may be trasnfered to a third party on the page
for the registration form (that way we have something to show
Paypal/Visa/MC if someone tries to get their money back through them.

2) If someone cancels their registrarions, registrtaion will need to
let the Site Selection and Hugo administrators know so those votes
don't get counted. this will be important right after July 3rd.

thanks!

Rene

PS: I don't think it's likely to occur, but forwarned is foreamred
or so they say...