[Translation] Transaltion request, Anticipation, CFP (Call for Papers)

Terry Fong terry.fong at sympatico.ca
Tue Sep 23 23:17:35 PDT 2008

Hi all

We need the following text translated as soon as possible.

I have attached the original word document and the plain text follows.

Thanks

Terry Fong
Programming and Events, Anticipation 2009

================ text ==================

The World Science Fiction Society invites papers for the academic track of the
2009 World Science Fiction Convention (Worldcon): Anticipation. This year’s
Worldcon will be held at the Palais des congrès de Montréal in Montréal, Québec
(Canada) from Thursday 6 August through Monday 10 August, 2009.

Science fiction has its roots in as much the anticipations of H. G. Wells’s
scientific romances as Jules Verne’s voyages extraordinaires.  Anticipation is
also a commonly used French term for Science Fiction literature and has
bilingual echoes. In honour of our location in the world’s second-largest
French-speaking city, the suggested theme for this year is “Anticipations in
Science Fiction.”

The academic track welcomes fifteen-minute papers, in either French or English,
on this theme and any other topic related to science fiction. We are especially
interested in works on our guests of honour, including:

Guest of Honor: Neil Gaiman, Award-winning author of Anansi Boys, American Gods,
Stardust, and 1602.

Invitée d’honneur: Elisabeth Vonarburg, Award-winner author of Reine de Mémoire,
  La Maison d’Oubli , Le Dragon de Feu, Le Dragon Fou, La Princesse de
Vengeance, and La Maison d’Équité, Vraies Histoires fausses, and La Silence de
la Cité.

Editor Guest of Honour: David Hartwell, Hugo Award-winner, editor and co-editor
of numerous anthologies, and Tor Senior Editor.

Please send a 300 word abstract (including any audio-visual requirements) as a
Rich Text Format file attachment to both Academic Track Division Heads by the
deadline of January 15, 2009:

Christine Mains: cemains at shaw.ca
Graham J. Murphy: grahammurphy at trentu.ca