[Translation] Translation request for Jean

Alison Wall alison.wall at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 09:39:02 PDT 2009

Hi Jean,

Could you please translate this small bit from the restaurant guide.
We would need it by Tuesday night.

Alison.

Azuma Japanese

5263 rue St-Laurent, (514) 271-5263 $20-30

Open for lunch 11am–3pm weekdays, and for dinner 3pm–11pm.

Closed Sunday and Monday. No need to book.

>From the Palais: take a 55 north on St-Laurent to Rue Maguire.

“I haven’t had that since I was in Japan,” was the refrain of one

friend we took to Azuma. They have all the things you would expect,

but try the things you don’t see everywhere. The sole in lemon

sauce is wonderful, the oyakodon is my new comfort food, and they

always have daily specials that are worth investigating. Oh, and the

mixed vegetable tempura includes lotus root and other very unusual

vegetables. Vegetarians can do well here. At lunchtime they have a

limited menu. The “whatever we have today bento” is often excellent.

The staff are really friendly and I’ve never had a bad meal here.

Isakaya Japanese

3469 avenue du Parc, (514) 845-8226 $30-40

Open Wed–Fri 11:30am–2pm, 6pm–9:30pm, Sat–Sun 5:30pm–

9pm, closed Monday and Tuesday. Booking recommended.

>From the Palais: take an 80 bus from Place d’Armes to Rue Milton.

Or walk about 1km up Rue De Bleury (becomes Ave Du Parc).

This is a Japanese/French fusion restaurant, where they serve sushi

but also eel en croute and other Japanese kinds of food with French

sauces and vice versa. It can be a little surreal sometimes.

Toyo Japanese

2155 rue de la Montagne, (514) 844-9292 $30

Open Mon–Fri 11:30am–2:30pm, 4:30pm–10pm, Sat 4:30pm–

11pm, Sun 4:30pm–10pm. Booking a good idea with large groups.

>From the Palais, take the 61 north from Square Victoria to McGill

and Ste Catherine, then walk west to Montagne and then north. Or

take the metro to Berri-UQAM and change onto the green line direction

Angrignon and get out at Peel and walk.

Teppenyaki, which means they cook the food on a hot table in front

of you, with much flame and excitement. The food is always delicious,

and the cooking is entertaining. Ideal for a group of up to eight.

Senzala Brazilian

177 rue Bernard Ouest, (514) 274-1464

Breakfasts Thursday–Sunday, dinner every day.

$10-20

>From the Palais: Take an 80 bus and get off at Bernard, then walk

east two blocks.

With fresh ingredients and an unusual style, Senzala is worth going

out of the way for. They have excellent meat and great vegetarian

choices, the breakfasts are unusual and very nice. There’s a terrasse

outside.