[Translation] translation needed

Mike McMillan manager at rockyhigh66.org
Mon Feb 9 13:20:08 PST 2009

Hi,

Need the following, please -

-------------------------------

Travel & Immigration Info:
Citizens or permanent residents of the United States can usually cross the
border without difficulty or delay. However, both Canada and U.S. Immigration
required certain types of identification. For native-born Americans and/or
U.S. citizens, Canadian Immigration requires either a passport or a birth
certificate, supported by photo I.D. For return entry, U.S. Immigration
officials also suggest that you have one of these items with you, in addition
to your normal identification. A permament resident who is not a citizen is
required to possess a 1551 or 1151 form (The Green Card) by both U.S. and
Canadian Immigration.
Citizens or permanent residents of other countries must have a valid passport
and/or a valid visitor visa and should contact their local Canadian
Embassy/Consulate or High Commission Office for further qualification.
If you require more information, please feel free to contact your local
Canadian Embassy or Consulate office, or visit the following web-site:
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/pub/rc4161-eng.html#P002

WHAT OUR DESIGNATED BROKER CAN PROVIDE TO DEALERS:

Turner Customs & Logistics Group Inc.  will  provide the following service to
each dealer who chooses to avail themselves of this valuable service.
1 - Contact exhibitors via email to determine their customs and shipping needs
and assist with paperwork as required. Follow up by telephone as required.
2 - Pre-show service:
Receive and review all incoming documentation to ensure documents are accurate
and complete.
Process temporary import bonds and consumption entries with Canada Customs
Receive truck shipments and divert to advance Customs-bonded warehouse.
Transfer airfrieght (via local cartage service) to advance warehouse
Process documents on an on-going basis
Trace Freight
Maintain on-hand manifest, which will be provided to Show Management on a
weekly basis of 3 weeks  prior to event, and everyday 3 days prior to event.
3 - ON-SITE
A-  Move-in:
Trace last-minute freight
Deliver all shipments to the loading dock where official drayage company
(assigned by show management) will deliver goods to assigned booths.
Receive scheduled shipments from Van lines at loading dock
Receive private vehicles at loading dock
4 - B-  Showtime:
Process all remaining inbound documents.
Interview exhibitors to reconfirm instructions for return or disposal of
exhibit material at end of the event.
Process all export documentation and schedule carriers for pick-up
5 - C-  Move-out:
Identify outbound freight, confirming piece-count, labeling and destination,
working with Official Drayage Company.
Ensure trucks are checking into marshalling yard or waiting at loading dock.
Verify that drivers are in possession of all appropriate documents and
instructions prior to departure from site
THE FOLLOWING GENERAL INFORMATION HAS BEEN PROVIDED TO US BY TCLG TO ASSIST
DEALERS IN PREPARING FOR ANTICIPATION:
FAQ shipping Goods to/from Canada
The following are answers to some of the most frequently asked questions posed
by U.S. based exhibiters about participating in a convention or trade show
held in Canada, attended by predominantly non-Canadians.

How do I arrange to get my goods and materials into Canada and home again?
TCLG provides full logistics services that include performing customs
clearance procedures, posting of required deposits and the coordination of the
delivery of your goods to/from Canada.

What forms are required for Canada customs?
You will be required to complete a Canada Customs invoice detailing the goods
that are being shipped to Canada. Other forms may be required depending on the
nature of the exhibit material and the requirements of US Customs for the
return shipment.

When should I send my goods?
Freight should be in your city 48hrs in advance of your move in.

Where should I send my goods?
Depending on the size of the event and the number of US shipments your freight
will either go directly to the show site or will go to TCLG's advanced warehouse.

Do I require the services of a customs broker?
Yes, all goods and materials coming into Canada must be cleared through Canada
Customs.

Can I use my courier company?
Some courier companies can provide brokerage services, however it is critical
that you ensure your courier services can clear the full value of  your goods.
If they are not able to clear your shipment it will be held by Canada Customs
until a broker is appointed. This could cause a delay in you receiving your
goods at the show site, as the goods will be held at the point of entry into
Canada. You will then be charged by the brokerage firm to deliver your goods
to the show site. Additionally, your courier company may not be able to issue
Temporary Import Bond and therefore have to charge you duty and taxes on the
value of your goods even through your goods will be returning to the United
States. Please contact our office to ensure that the courier you choose can
provide you with the services that you require.

How much will this cost?
Brokerage fees are based on:
- Value
- Documents required
- Services Provided

What duties and taxes are applied to my goods?
Goods can be sold at a show on a duty and tax free basis provided
1) Goods are not sold to Canadian residents
                      OR
2) Are not remaining in Canada
If  foreign attendance is 75% non-Canadian residences then give-away goods
valued under $25.00 CND per item are duty and tax exempt.

Denise J. Turner
President
Turner Customs & Logistics Group Inc.
9 rue Ste Marie
St. Constant Quebec
J5A 1C3
450-638-2662 phone
450-638-2873 fax

Wordpad, which I use to read doc files, got a little confused with some of the
accented characters last time.  In addition to attaching the translation,
could you please cut and paste a copy into the email text?  That gives me a
backup for the accented characters.

Merci,

Mike
humble web minion