[Translation] For PR4

Publications publications at anticipationsf.ca
Mon Feb 23 18:15:36 PST 2009

Bonjour,

deux texte à traduire SVP pour le prochain rapport préparatoire

Merci!

Academic Track
   The Academic Track at Anticipation 2009 is an
academic conference in the midst of the larger
Worldcon gathering, a place for presenting
academic work to a larger audience.  Academic
sessions, including two sessions devoted to
French-language scholarship, will feature papers
on theorizing science fiction and fantasy, on the
beginnings of sf in earlier centuries, on
anticipations of the future of the field, and on
literature, film, graphic novels, and gaming. The
papers will cover a range of texts and authors,
including (but not limited to) H. G. Wells,
Philip K. Dick, Sherri S. Tepper, Nalo Hopkinson,
Greg Egan, Alan Moore, Geoff Ryman, War of the
Worlds, Blade Runner, The Lawnmower Man, Fallout
3, Torchwood, etc. The Academic Track is
particularly honoured to announce that John
Robert Colombo, editor of Other Canadas (1979),
the first-ever anthology of Canadian science
fiction, will be the Keynote Speaker. Other
sessions on Canadian science fiction and fantasy
will follow, as will papers on Guests of Honour
Neil Gaiman and Elisabeth Vonarburg.  Among the
many scholars contributing to the Academic Track
are Neil Easterbrook, Rob Latham, Veronica
Hollinger, Joan Gordon, Sherryl Vint, Amy Ransom,
and Jeri Zulli.

STROLL WITH THE STARS
Every day Anticipation will start off with
a leisurely morning Stroll leaving from the
Palais des Congres.  Each Stroll will be led
by some of our favorite Authors, Artists, Editors
or Scientists, who will not only lead the Stroll
but will interact with the other
participants.  And let's be clear, it's a stroll
(not a heart-pounding aerobic exercise), so
hopefully everyone who wants to can participate.
This will get our day started on an upbeat note.
Please check our Blogs just before the Con for
all final details.