[Translation] Lots more work....ack!

Alison Wall alison.wall at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 16:50:01 PDT 2009

Hi all,

I expect we are going to have a huge amount of work for the
programming guide very soon.  My understanding is that they are to go
to press on Monday, July 13, and I have hardly anything from them, so

They are trying to get some other people to do some of their
translation, and I have contacted the head of the translation team for
Otakuthon, as I hear they may be able to do some, as well.

For those of you who are working on other texts, please continue for
the moment, but when I start sending out the programming guide texts,
those will have priority.  If anyone is still working on the bios
translation pages on the staff website, please stop.  Apparently, they
have had to edit the English for everything, so none of what is there
is valid, and the bios we had already translated will likely have to
be redone.  Again ack!

I will be sending stuff out as soon as I get it and the deadlines will
be quite tight.  If you can't do what I send you, please let me know
right away, and we will do what we can to make other arrangements.  If
you can do part but not all of what I send, let me know as soon as you
can and send in whatever you were able to do.

I'm starting to think that the proper response, when they say, "We'll
be a bit over the deadline," is "No hablo ingles!"

I'll be back to you soon, no doubt.

Alison.