[Translation] Can someone just look at this and sanity check it?

Eugene Heller eugeneheller at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 24 12:47:06 PDT 2009

--- On Wed, 6/24/09, René Walling <cybernetic.nomad at gmail.com> wrote:

> From: René Walling <cybernetic.nomad at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Translation] Can someone just look at this and sanity check it?
> To: "Eugene Heller" <eugeneheller at yahoo.com>
> Cc: "Val Grimm" <val.grimm at gmail.com>, "BrigitteBouthillier" <Brigitte.Bouthillier at cirquedusoleil.com>, media at anticipationsf.ca, "ANTICIPATION - TRANSLATION LIST" <translation at anticipationsf.ca>
> Date: Wednesday, June 24, 2009, 2:29 PM
> At 11:03 AM -0700 6/24/09, Eugene
> Heller wrote:
> > I am confused about the subject line of this e-mail
> thread.  Is it just a left-over from earlier
> relevance?  My comments, anyhow.
> >
> > - Please specify a starting time for the weekend
> memberships.
>
> 16h00 is the starting time

Just to be sure:  Please specify the starting time for the weekend memberships in the text of the press release.

> > - Is there a weekend price for children?
>
> Yes, it's 60.00 CAD, and before you ask, the family rate
> for the weekend is 425.00 CAD
>
> > - If so, then please mention it and also include the
> standard (full convention rate) for children
>
> the children's memebrship was listed in the version I saw.

In the version on which I was commenting (which was attached to the first e-mail message that I received in this thread, time-stamped this morning at 11:00) I saw neither a full weekend children's or family membership price.

> > - Please keep the mention of taster memberships here
> (are these memberships or passes?) even if doing a separate
> press release
> > - Is there a mechanism to prevent multiple people
> using the same other event (e.g. Educators Conference)
> badge?  Is it enough of a risk to bother?
>
> Well there's only one discount per person. In any case so
> far the overlap in membership between Boréal and Otakuthon
> has been 2 and at least one of those people will not be at
> Boréal this year (that would be me)

I meant people cheating by one person using a Boreal badge to buy a discounted membership and then handing the badge to a second person, who would try to buy another discounted membership.