[Translation] a short text

René Walling cybernetic.nomad at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 18:30:42 PDT 2009

To trasnlate please:

Hugo Awards

Nominations have closed for the 2008 Hugo Awards,
and voting will begin soon. The Hugo, first
awarded in 1953, is science fiction's most
distinguished honour. Recipients are chosen by
members of the World Science Fiction Society
(WSFS), which includes all supporting and
attending members of the current World Science
Fiction Convention.

The final round of voting has begin and the full
list of nominees for this year's Hugo Awards and
the John W. Campbell Award for Best New Writer is
available on the Anticipation website. WSFS
members can vote online or by mail. The mail-in
form is available on our website in PDF format
and hardcopies will also be sent with this PR to
those members who have elected to receive our
communications via post. The deadline to vote is
July 15th, 2009.

After the votes have been tallied, the trophies
will be presented at the Hugo Award Ceremony.
This is our community's yearly opportunity to
recognize those who have contributed to both
science fiction and to fandom. Award winners for
2009 will be presented at Anticipation on Sunday,
August 9th, 2009. We're planning a brisk,
engaging ceremony that highlights the nominees
and their works. Please join us and toastmaster
Julie Czerneda in the Palais des congrès as we
recognize the Hugo nominees and winners.

International Awards

Are you involved with your country's national SF
award, and interested in bringing your award to a
wider audience? We're putting together an
International Awards Spotlight, currently planned
for the afternoon of Friday, August 7. Contact us
at events at anticipationsf.ca to make arrangements
to participate!

Thanks!

Rene