[Zambia] methods and terminology

Stirling Westrup sti at pooq.com
Mon Apr 13 15:12:14 PDT 2009

Peter Olszowka wrote:

> This issue regarding importing participants came with in a meeting
> Stirling and Terry and I had over two months ago.  Stirling and Terry
>  said they would deal with it.

This was my understanding as well. IIRC, the plan was to take a list of
the participants (in whatever convenient form we have it) and convert it
programmatically to a MySQL dump format so that we can simply undump it
into the program.

I *believe* the plan was for someone (Terry?) to work out what the MySQL
dump format would have to be, and for me to write a Perl script or
something to transform our current data to be in that format.

The only downside to this is that its best done as a once-only deal, so
we need to have the import list of participants finalized before we put
it into Zambia.