[Zambia] make me invisible

Henry Balen balen at acm.org
Mon Jul 6 18:27:51 PDT 2009

The rational for allocating people to items such as the Hugo reception
etc is so that they are not assigned to a programme item that occurs
at the same time. They are 'available' but should be at the Hugos
either because they are a presenter or a nominee...

It would be simpler to note that some programme items (such as Hugo
reception and Hugos) should not have participants published.

Lisa also added Val and Louise to events that the convention would
like them to be at - but not as participants... which overloads the
'semantics' of participant in Zambia.

It is not a good idea to blank out the badge name as this hides the
person from other items they should be listed on, and probably has
other consequences. It is probably easier to just edit the names out
of the generated report before it is laid out in pubs. Not a great
solution nor it is efficient but given the time it will work.

Henry