[Zambia] Last names in Zambia

Benjamin Levy deguspice at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 18:06:07 PDT 2009

On Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 8:40 PM, Peter Olszowka<p.olszowka at gmail.com> wrote:

> So will participant last names (a.k.a. sirnames) be used for anything?
>  For example, will the program be sorted by last name?  If so, we need
> to find someone go to through and edit them.  For example, participant
> 3305 is listed as first name "Joseph", last name "P. Martno".  In
> general the pubsname (name for publications) is fine.

 Just in case the distinction between the first name/last name and the
pubsname is not clear, the "pubsname", is the name that will go on the
table tents, schedule, bio, ...

  For example, Eric Blair(*) might be an author's real name, but
"George Orwell" is the name that will be listed in the Program,
possibly on his badge, ...).
   ---Ben

(*)  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Blair