[Zambia] Last names in Zambia

Terry Fong terry.fong at sympatico.ca
Sun Jun 14 18:49:13 PDT 2009

It was on my list of things to talk to someone about -- cleaning up the last
names at the same time we tied into the registration db.

I was presuming we could plunk all the corrections into congodump -- I have a
spreadsheet with most of the information to go in, once the right fields are setup.

We need to
	correct last name, first name fields
	incorporate reg status (in a pinch, only attending/not, but ideally also
membership number).

Registration info: Ideally, membership number plus status
(attending/supporting/not attending/unknown)
	Attending is obvious
	Supporting is equal to not attending, just being complete
	Not attending is someone we approached and has said no
	Unknown is simply that -- unknown

	This is all because we have people who have filled in forms but have not
registered yet.

	I would like the reg number/status to appear on the view participant screen.
For now, not editable -- ideally we could tie into the reg db, but that is
something we may not have time for.

	BTW, the name that was input into the form is not necessarily the one appearing
in the reg db -- as an example, someone like James P. Kelly (this is real)
registered as Jim Kelly (address matched) but will have James Patrick Kelly on
the form, and has specified James Kelly as badge name. (Details not quite right,
but this did happen with Mr Kelly) (He may also have put in period after P. Or not.)

Terry