[Zambia] Character issues in Zambia

Henry Balen balen at acm.org
Mon Jun 15 15:13:28 PDT 2009

Renée pointed out one of the character issues. In some of the
programme titles (and bios) people have used different single quote
characters (instead of the plain quote ' ). This could arise if folks
have cut and paste from word or another editor, or just use characters
such as `.

I see in view such as ViewAllSessions.php you use htmlspecialchars()
to get round this. However, that is not compatible with htmlentities()
which we use elsewhere. While htmlspecialchars() catches the quote
issue etc. it interferes with the accents that  htmlspecialchars()
deals with.
Still looking for a solution...

Henry